A drone flew over the Cornell campus this month. By using infrared cameras, it spots steam leaks that are not otherwise visible, giving the Cornell utilities staff time to repair or replace them in a more timely fashion. The photo shows two problem spots by the Vet Med Center and the East Campus Research Facility from an earlier flyover this year.
Location:Infrared flyover of the vet schoolUnit Rep:Frank Perry
Create meeting spaces, research (maker) labs and new home for CIS undergraduate programs relocated from Gates Hall.Location:Rhodes HallProject Size:$2.2MCustomer:CISCU PM:Ram VenkatCU CM:Pat ConradArchitect:Atkin Olshin Schade
At first glance, this parking lot may look like any other, but there are hidden processes beneath the surface. Porous asphalt and the bioswale in the center of the parking lot allow stormwater to drain into the soil beneath the pavement. The Peterson Parking Lot was designed to slow and store stormwater, while filtering pollutants, watering the bioswale, and recharging groundwater.
... Full DescriptionLocation:Botanic Gardens Nevin Welcome Center Parking Lot
Quick Overview of Community Practice Service Building Project.
- Completed Back In June 2018 This was a $7.7M Project The purpose of this project was to construct a stand-alone Community Practice Service and Shelter Medicine facility. The Community Practice Service will offer primary care to dogs and cats in the Ithaca area. This service is run by fourth year students and overseen by faculty veterinarians.
- FCS Project Management Team Was John Keefe, Dan McClure and Sue Hartman
Scale of the Project:
Location:107 Farrier Road (West of Caldwell Road)Type:New BuildingProject Size:12,000 SFCustomer:College of Veterinary MedicineCU PM:John KeefeCU CM:Dan McClure
- 12,000 SF Demolition of the Poultry Virus... Full Description
Quick Overview of The Upson Hall Project.
- Completed Back In August 2017. This was a $74m Complex, Two-Phased Renovation Project to House Mechanical and Aerospace and Electrical Engineering Departments
- Both Phases Completed on Time and Actually Under Budget (Bids Came in Six Million Below Target)
- First Large Scale Renovation Project Initiative from College of Engineering Master Plan
- FCS Project Management Team Was Gary Wilhelm, Art Fives and Ruth Howell
Construction Budget is $322/GSF. Total Project Budget is $441/GSF
Scale... Full DescriptionLocation:Upson HallType:Complex, Two-Phased Renovation ProjectProject Size:160,000 SF Renovation on Six FloorsCustomer:College of EngineeringCU PM:Gary WilhelmCU CM:Art Fives